Gifts of Mineral Interests
A gift of mineral interests (oil, gas, gold, silver or other precious metals) is an excellent way to make a gift to Inova Health Foundation.
Gifts of Mineral Rights
Benefits of gifts of mineral interests
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
- Avoid income tax on royalties
- Receive lifetime payments
How gifts of mineral interests work
- Gift of all or a portion of your land - If you own land with mineral rights, a gift of all or part of your land can produce a direct tax benefit to you and help our work. You will receive a charitable income tax deduction in the year you make your gift.
- Gift of royalties - If the income from your oil or mineral rights is pushing you into the upper tax brackets with higher rates and fewer deductions, consider a gift of your royalties. By giving us a portion or all of your royalties, you can lower your income and taxes while achieving your charitable goals.
- Charitable life estate - If you want to make a gift to us while continuing to use your home or farm during your life, consider a charitable life estate. You will receive an income tax deduction for your gift to us. Check with us on the rights and responsibilities that go along with this agreement.
- Charitable remainder trust - To maintain the most income while also maximizing charitable intent and charitable deductions, place your land into a charitable remainder unitrust. You will receive payments for your life or a term of up to 20 years and an income tax charitable deduction. Our mission will benefit from the remaining value.
More on gifts of mineral interests
Gifts of mineral interests are valuable property rights. You can use your mineral rights to fund a variety of different planned gifts.
If you have any questions about gifts of mineral interests, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions that you have.